(208) 664-5510 | 524 Government Way, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814

Marriage License Info

Before getting married at the Hitching Post, you will need to apply and purchase your Idaho Marriage License. Your marriage license needs to be purchased from the State in which you are being married.

Phone: 208-446-1480 - Kootenai County Records


  • Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm ($31.00 Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%)
  • Saturday: 9am – 2pm ($48.00 Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%)

Marriage License Requirements

  • Ages 18 and up
    • Photo Identification Required
    • Know Your Social Security Number
      ** See other conditions below if you do not have a U.S. Social Security Number
  • Under 18
    • Call for other requirements (208) 446-1491 or (208) 446-1480

Additional Information

  • License Fees Are Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%
  • Blood Test NOT Required
  • No Waiting Period
  • Witness Not Required

**REQUIRED: All must have photo Identification and a Social Security Number. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and do not have a Social Security number you must go the Social Security office and apply for one. Bring letter verifying your S.S. status to the Marriage License Office.

Hitching Post Courthouse & License Office

Closed on ALL Holidays and Sundays from 2019 to 2020

  • Labor Day September 2nd Monday 2019
  • Columbus Day  October 14th Monday 2019
  • Veterans Day November 11th Monday 2019
  • Thanksgiving Day  November 28th, Thursday 2019
  • Christmas Day  December 25th  Wednesday  2019
  • New Years Day January 1st Wednesday 2020
  • Martin Luther King Day  January 20th Monday 2020
  • Presidents Day  February 17th Monday 2020
  • Memorial Day  May 25th Monday 2020
  • Independence Day (observed July 3rd) and 4th 2020

If you want to be married on any of these days, you need to obtain your Idaho marriage license and bring it into our office by the previous working day!

Wedding Packages
& Renewal of Vows

We offer several wedding and flower packages for your wedding needs.

Marriage License Info

Before getting married, you’ll need to get your Idaho Marriage License.

Make A Reservation

Everything you need to know about reserving your wedding day with us.