We’ve been in the business of helping couples start their new lives together for over 97 years. To help you begin your married life as husband and wife, we’d like to offer you a few thoughts and resources to make sure your marital journey is a good one.
We encourage you to plan your lives together, not just the wedding ceremony and reception. Marriage goes on long after the celebration.
Is this the person you want to be married to for the rest of your life? We hope the answer is a resounding “Yes!”, and we can be part of the beginning of your lifetime of happiness together. But, if you decide that you’re not quite ready to wed, yet, we encourage you to take some extra time to think about it.
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you…. ” – Matthew 7:12
“Love is doing what is best for the other person no matter what it costs you.” – Joe Wittwer
“However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” – Ephesians 5:33
Understand the difference between men and women, that women respond to love positively because they were created that way, and men respond to respect because that is the way they are created. Understanding the differences and how you respond to each other can help make your marriage better.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-serving (selfish), it is not easily angered’ it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I – Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)
- “The Meaning of Marriage” by Timothy Keller”
- “Love and Respect” by Emmerson Eggerichs
- “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
- “The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands” by Dr. Laura Schlessinger
- “His Needs, Her Needs” by William Harley
- “Communication, Key To Your Marriage” by H. Norman Wright
- “Before You Say I DO” by N. Wright
- “For Better For Best” by Gary Smalley
- “Love For A Lifetime” by James Dobson
- “Love Is A Decision” by Gary Smalley